Monday, February 18, 2008

President's Day '08

Well our family got sucked into the drama of the suspenseful TV show "LOST". I know we are latecomers to the craze, but since I cannot watch my favorite show "24", my friends felt bad and I guess felt I needed exposure to another dramatically suspensful show that has many connections that you must keep up with, and the main hero is named "Jack". I told Big D, I am going to have to look up the meaning of the name Jack because several shows are using it as their star characters name. We pathetically wasted the day away finishing up with the second season. What bums!!!! (Sadly enough we have been staying up really late into the night. I'm telling you it's addictive like "24" was) But at least we were together.

Since it's President's Day "the boy" did not have school and spent his day playing a memory game and the Wii. What a life! After school, the girls looked up info about U.S. Presidents. We had fun playing games and trivia about the Presidents, the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. Bug's teachers' husband is a descendent of President Benjamin Harrison. As our friend would say "Cool, cool, cool!"

America is changing so much. My kids are not taught the importance and value or even the details that we were taught in school at their age. Times, they are changin'. God Bless America! and help us to stand up for the values and character that our forefathers fought to give us.

No comments: